Thursday, October 8, 2009

26 going on 75

Last night while lying in bed watching the TEN O'CLOCK news (yes, ten o'clock, I can't even make it to the eleven o'clock news) I realized I am turning into an old woman and here's why. First I can not stay awake past 10:30pm for the life of me. I need my glasses to see 5ft in front of me, otherwise I make this squinty eye face which James tells me is pretty ugly. On my nightstand I have a reading lamp so I can read in bed, my current book (which is The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown, awesome!), a bottle of Tums for my heartburn, a bottle of Advil and a glass of water in case I am thirsty. Not to mention my orthopedic bed cushion and my 4 pillows that my chiropractor told me I should get to help my back. I am a mess and I'm obviously well on my way to the grave. My next birthday is not my 27th but my 75th.
PS I pulled out 3 more grey hairs today. So I'm also well on my way to being bald.
This is me, Eleanor Abernathy from the Simpsons, aka Crazy Cat Lady.

1 comment:

KKandKoKo said...

LOL!! Trust me you're not the only one!! Must be in the genes.