I recently switched from Best Fitness to Bally's and since being at Bally's I've been doing a lot more people watching. This could be because at Bally's the only stations allowed on the TV are ESPN and CNN, which normally I can watch, but for a limited amount of time since they both are on repeat every half hour or so. I lose interest in these stations pretty quickly after I've seen a story once, then I am forced to stare at weird people in the gym. I can't help myself, it's like a train wreck, I can't not look.
While at the gym yesterday I counted 4 women/girls "working out" with their hair down. I am using the term "working out" lightly when describing what these people were doing. I don't know about other gym goers, but my work out consists of huffing, puffing and massive amounts of sweat. My preference while I'm profusely sweating is to have my hair out of my face and off my neck. But these girls are either not breaking a sweat (which I find impossible) or running to the bathroom every few minutes to freshen up. Either way I think these girls need to be banned from the gym. Along with the gentleman I saw talking on his phone while using the ab machine and the girl talking on the phone while on the treadmill. Who are these people and why can't they detach themselves from their phone for 30 minutes?
(I'm the pig in this picture, if you couldn't tell)
While these girls make me angry while watching them, I find it really hard not to laugh at the older women and their outfits. Yesterday I saw a woman, maybe around 60-65 years old wearing the exact outfit from Flashdance. Leg warmers, tights, a leotard and a sweatshirt. The worst part of this outfit was the fact that she was lying down on the ab machine so everyone looking that way got a show since they were faced with the area that the leotard and tights meet (you know what area I mean). In addition to the Jennifer Beals outfit, a different older woman was wearing a skirt. It just can't be comfortable.

1 comment:
Those girls that wear their hair down aren't there to work out. They're there to look cute and they won't be there for long anyways.
You're the second person in the last 48 hours whose referenced an outfit with leggings. New trend?
Post a Comment