Thursday, September 30, 2010

I have a problem.

I have a severe addiction to online shopping.  I can't resist the daily e-mails with the coupon codes for free shipping and 20% off.  Especially for stores like Banana, PetsMart and Amazon.com.  I did have my debit card number memorized so that I didn't even need to go through the steps of getting my wallet out of my purse and then having to find my debit card in my wallet. This was working out well, too well even. I was purchasing A LOT online.  Packages were showing up daily on my porch.  USPS, UPS and FedEx should have personally thanked me for keeping them in business.  At first I felt bad for the delivery men because they were coming to my house daily, then that would go away as I opened up my packages and felt pure delight.
Then my debit card was stolen at the Bills game a couple weeks ago.  Some horrid person ended up charging about $400 to my bank account.  Luckily I wasn't held liable, but I did have to front the money for about two weeks.  This kept my online shopping habit to a minimum, it was almost non-existent.  (Almost).  Last week Key Bank refunded my money and sent me a new debit card and my shopping habit went into overdrive.  My mind was crazy thinking about the things I needed to purchase. 
Yesterday I came home to two packages on my front porch.  Two more are supposed to arrive tomorrow and one more on Friday.  This is how you know you have a problem.

(Please don't pay attention to the dead plant to the right or the mismatched door and trim.  I will be painting the trim this month)

2 comments:

Molly said...

Lol! You're too funny Brooke. I sure miss you. I prefer shopping online too. I would probably do it more if i had the mula!!

Jaime Williams said...

I've been waiting for a package for days now... I just got an email that it just shipped today... adding another disappointment to the load.