When I go to school I feel as though I am the smartest person at Buffalo State College. I feel as though I'm getting dumber by the minute by attending classes there, I've had some of my smarter classmates agree. You may think I am being arrogant by saying I am the smartest person at the school but it may very well be a reality. I even feel smarter than many of the professors I've had, not all of them though. There are a few out there that may think they are teaching there as a duty to society, cause someone has to teach the stupid people. I never seemed to have this problem at the other schools I went to. UVSC was not this bad at all. And of course the greatest university ever, the University of Utah, actually has a screening process, called your GPA.
What brought these thoughts to my mind, most recently because I've had them before, was last night's International Management class. This fellow, whom I've been in a class with before so I'm already annoyed, came in late to class, walked in front of the professor while he's speaking and proceeded to tell everyone "I went to the wrong building". It is a Red Flag if you don't know where your class is. There is also another fellow who is older (not that I'm against the older crowd going back to school) and thinks because he is older, every thing he says must be relevant and true. It's not. Most of the things he says are indeed some of the dumbest things to come out of a person's mouth. It is a Red Flag when the professor keeps says "Um, no, it's not really like that". Stop talking! And he doesn't even raise his hand or wait for the professor to stop talking, he'll just yell his comments out. So back to the younger fellow. He decides to tell everyone his economic plan for the country which is "Well if everyone just took a pay cut we would be fine". What?! No, that would not work for many reasons that I will not get into. It's a Red Flag if the professor gives you a blank stare after a comment like that. He also shared his hiring policies with the class which is "Well I think if you have an associates degree and have common sense, you will get hired over the person with the MBA and no common sense". No, dude, you won't even be through the screening process with an associates vs an MBA. It is inappropriate for you to argue with the professor over this comment.
Have you ever, while in class, wanted to yell out so bad that you had to bite your lip "What the f**k does this have to do with (insert class subject here)?!"? Cause I have. It happened last night, right after my eye started twitching because I was so angry. And I'm sure my facial expressions gave me away. If anyone knows me they know that I can't control my facial expressions, you know how I feel by looking at my face.
This was all after an hour and a half class. An hour and a half of my life that I'll never get back. This is only the second week of the semester. I can only hope for these people that I don't have a chance to hit them with my car after class. So I ask is it just me that feels as though when they are going to college they are getting dumber rather than smarter?

1 comment:
ya know Brooke, I love reading your blog, you always make me laugh! Unfortunately, have felt your pain.
Post a Comment