For Christmas I was lucky enough to get a couple gift cards to Home Depot to help me purchase a new oven. The old one, which was original to the house from 1982, was a piece of shit. The oven burned everything on the bottom and didn't cook it on the top. Then the stove was uneven so I had to balance the pans on other pans so the food would cook evenly. All in all I think we only had to pay about $150 for a new oven! I was really excited to use it but the delivery man said the first time the oven is on it will "smoke like a banshee" (in his own words). That freaked me out cause I hate smoke and fires so I told James he had to smoke out the oven when I wasn't home. A week later he finally did it and then said it hardly smoked! That night I made a delicious, evenly cooked, cheesy chicken and noodle casserole.
Old POS oven
The new wonderful, amazing oven that now matches the rest of my appliances
Hooray for new ovens!


Cheesy Chicken and Noodle Casserole


No comments:
Post a Comment