Wednesday, November 5, 2008

UB Football

Last night was the very first nationally televised football game for University of Buffalo. They've been a division III school and they have moved up to a division I. I had never been to a game and James, in his 4 years of attending school there, has only been to one before. So we decided to go last night, since it is free to students. But I'm sure I could have splurged for the most expensive tickets, which were $15. The football game reminded me of going to games in high school. There was a track around the field, the seats are all benches, and it's complete chaos. We went with Jimmy C and Rick. We met up with Nick Mendola the local radio announcer and sat with him. Jonah came and tailgated with us but he is a sports reporter for the newspaper so he got to sit in the warm, cozy, comfy seat press box. It was a good night for football, not too cold, but a little chilly. I had an amazing stadium hot dog and some hot chocolate. It was a really bad crowd turn out though. The stadium holds 35,000 and only 16,000 showed up. And probably 1/3 of the people left at the beginning of the third quarter. UB ended up winning the game and me, James and Jimmy rushed the field with all the students. James had to help me jump over the railing cause of my bad ankle. We ran around the field for a while with the players and the band. Then when we got back to the cars James realized he lost his keys while on the field. So I had to go back to the house to key his spare set, luckily I put them away so I knew where they were. Now he gets to go to the dealership and purchase another key for $110. Good ending to the evening.
The stadium

Jonah looks so professional in his jacket and jeans

James and Jimmy C

Brooke and James - I don't normally wear blue - Go Utes!

And I did wear my lucky JC Penny Utah Utes tube socks!

On the field after the game

I didn't take the following pictures - James stole the camera from me.

No comments: