One of our friends, PC, is an electrician and he offered to come over and hang some new light fixtures for us. Well he only offered because I asked him everytime I saw him if he would come over and do it since James has no "handyman skills". I would do it myself but electricity is one thing that scares, cause I'm afraid I'm going to electrocute myself and no one will find me before I have burned to death. It's a small fear. So he hung a new light in our kitchen, entry way and the top of the stairs. Now I have no more ugly, gold lights in my house! (this is the least of my problems though) The thing I am most excited for is he and James hung our replacement cabinet after the old one fell off!!! It's only taken us 6 months to hang it but I don't care. It's up and I can put dishes in it instead of on a desk in the corner, yeah!!! It's the little things that excite me.



I also did some handyman work myself this past weekend. It's only taken me a year and a half to do all this since we moved in.
I hung our painting.

I hung one of my Ansel Adams frames.

I hung another Ansel Adams frame. I like his work if you couldn't tell.

I put that rubber modling on the floor of the closet. And organized the closet, but that's not really a handyman skill.

Also, not really a handyman skill, but I bought new autumn placemats for the table.
You can see where I kept my dishes until my new cabinet was put in.

Here's James folding the laundry because I told him he had to since I was such a man all day doing handyman work.


1 comment:
LOL :) I like the picture of James folding the laundry! That should definitely be a mans job! I like your placemats too, I really need to get me some.
Post a Comment