James and I ventured out to the Great Pumpkin Farm in Clarence. It's a bit of a drive, about 20 minutes, but well worth it. All this weekend the guy who carves the huge, 1 ton pumpkins was there and I wanted to go see him.
Unfortunately by the time we got there at 4:30 he had already carved for the day. And apparently everyone and their children from Western New York decided to go that day too. It was 75 degrees that day, and that never happens in Buffalo in October, so everyone was out. They had a carnival there too which probably attracted the little ankle bitters. It was a good time. We saw the "Pumpkin Shooter" which is a big cannon that shoots pumpkins up to 100 yards. James got one big pumpkin and I got two little ones. I like to mess up carving the first one. Then have the second one for a backup when I screw up the first one. We also got a scarecrow man to stand up in the yard. Here are some pics.
The Great Pumpkin Farm!
The winners of the "biggest pumpkin" contest
James and the crazy humpback man

The huge pumpkin carvings

Just a little guy

The pumpkin tower

How tall are you this year?

I don't know what this is

Um, I don't know.

The pumpkin shooter

Me and the Scarecrow man

2 comments:
I love the fall festivities!!! Looks like that place is way fun.
Cute pictures, I like the pumpkin tower. It reminds me I've got to take my kids to the pumpkin patch soon...
Post a Comment