Friday, July 25, 2008

My foot has elephantitis

I decided to be free of the crutches today and walk on my own 1 1/2 feet. I got out of the car and started "walking" (I use the term loosely), I thought I was doing good. Then I started getting closer to work and further from the car, where my crutches lay, and realize that I probably wasn't ready cause my foot started hurting. I pushed forward and made it to my desk. One of the partners is calling me "hops-a-long". But when I got to my desk and pulled my chair out to sit down my computer tower decided to take a topple onto my already crippled foot. Tears came to my eyes. It did not feel good. The swelling has gone down but it still is pretty swollen. Especially my ankle where it looks like a golf ball is protruding from my foot. My foot and leg are starting to look a pretty shade of purply green.
On another note, I had the WORST manicure of my life yesterday. My cousin Sara offered to give me a manicure when I got to Utah but I couldn't make any of her days. So I decided to go to one of the day spa's here where I had a free manicure because James has spent so much there (Valentines Day). I also had a half a pedicure.... The girl was fresh out of school and sliced my pinkie with the sharp file. That hurt and started to bleed. And her nail polish skills were questionable. Now my pinkie is throbbing and I have band-aids on it. I proceeded to go home and take my nail polish off and re-do my nails myself. Typing is taking forever today. On that note...

Here is my foot under my desk...

My sorry looking pinkie. But my nails look nice. My hands look fat, the elephantitis has spread...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sorry about the dumb lady that ruined your pinky and nails. At least you have a reason to have a swollen ankle/foot... I swear mine are bigger and more swollen than most pregnant people. My fingers have always been fat but they are even more so now... I feel your sadness!

Ruthie said...

It was so totally awesome to see you and James at Andrea's wedding. I feel bad that I missed out on most of you growing up. We'll just have to make for lost time.
Love ya!