This past week was packed full of fun. Jaime and Pete had come to visit us. They started their trip off well by bringing me Taco Time burritos. They flew in last Tuesday morning and that night they watched me kick ass in my softball game. I had a couple good hits but according to James they were “too good for a girl”. Riiiight.
On Wednesday Jaime and Pete drove an hour and a half to Palmyra. I had already been there so I stayed and worked for the day. Driving that long to see a big hill wasn’t too appealing to me.
On Thursday we drove into Canadia to do all the Falls stuff on that side since Jaime has already done all the stuff on the American side. Plus the Canadia side is better even though I hate Canadians because they come down to shop and they drive like they’ve fallen asleep at the wheel. We did the Journey Behind the Falls, the River Walkway, the Maid of the Mist, and walked along Clifton Hill (which I would describe it as an amusement park on a street). Of course I needed to visit the Hershey store to get my chocolate covered marshmellows. After all that we headed back to the US to go to the buffet at the casino and to lose another $60 because the Wheel Of Fortune slot machine hates me even though I love Wheel Of Fortune.
On Friday we dragged Pete to the Outlet Mall of Niagara Falls. It was only for 3 hours so he survived. That night Jaime had her first fish fry and we went to the Bison’s baseball game.
Saturday we drove back up to the Niagara River for the Whirlpool Jet Boat Tour. It’s a big boat made for 20 people and they drive you up the river to the Whirlpool that can suck you down to the 300 foot bottom and kill you. But after that they go back down in the class 5 (class 6 is the highest) rapids and you get soaked. It was awesome! It’s $60 a person so we won’t be doing that again soon.
Sunday we went downtown for the Taste of Buffalo where Jaime and Pete got to see some of Buffalo’s finest people. Not really though. I think people crawl out of their holes for events like this. But the food was good. Later that night we went to Canal Fest along the Niagara River. It is held in North Tonawanda which is known breeding ground for some very white trash people. And it lived up to the hype. Why do some people feel it’s ok to wear shorts that look like underwear when you are over the age of 40? I’m not sure either. We rode the Hydro-Bike’s down the river and almost got hit by a few boats.
Monday we went back up into stupid Canadia to African Lion Safari. It’s basically a big zoo that you can drive through. But you don’t want to take your own car because the monkies like to rip shit off. Which we saw while we were there. Then some rhino’s decided to run across the road and charge the giraffes. It was a good time but again some of Canadia’s finest were out in full.
All in all it was a good trip and we had a lot of fun. Here are some pictures below. Beware, there are a lot!

2 comments:
Sounds like you guys had an eventful time!! Fun and more fun! I am glad those guys got to come and visit you. :)
Awesome! It sounds like a lot of fun, I am jealous!
Post a Comment