This is probably one of my best meals yet. It wasn't too difficult and oh so good.
I first prepared the meat loaf and then while that was cooking I made the potatoes. I cooked the potatoes at 400 degrees with the meatloaf just cause I didn't want to wait for the meatloaf to be done before cooking the potatoes. I was STARVING. So instead of cooking the potatoes for 20 minutes in the oven, I cooked them for 16, but now that I'm thinking about it, they could have cooked for the full 20.
Also, the WW cookbook suggested making the leftovers into sandwiches, but I didn't want to wait for leftovers so I made it into a sandwich right away. I used Portuguese bread with Dijon mustard, light Mayo, tomatoes, spinach and red onions.
Here is the meatloaf recipe
Ingredients:
1 onion, finely chopped
1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped (I used the frozen chopped onions and red peppers)
3 cloves of garlic
2 pounds ground lean beef (7% fat or less)
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup Italian-seasoned dried bread crumbs (I used plain then added Italian seasoning)
1 egg white
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray large rimmed baking sheet with non-stick spray (Pam).
Spray large non-stick skillet with non stick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. (Heat should probably be lower and cook time longer, if you leave too long they will burn).
Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove the skillet from the heat, let cool 10 minutes. (I put in the freezer for 5).
Combine the beef, onion mixture, 1/2 cup of ketchup, the bread crumbs, egg white, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper in large bowl. Transfer the mixture to the baking sheet and form into a 5x10 inch loaf (I made it more on the flat side cause I knew I wanted it for sandwiches).
Spread the remaining 1/2 cup ketchup over the top of the meatloaf. Bake for 50 minutes. Transfer the meatloaf to a cutting board and let stand 10 minutes. Cut into slices.
Make into a sandwich!
Here's the nutritional info for just the meatloaf:
Servings 8. Per serving: 224 cal, 6 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 1 g trans fat, 695 mg sodium, 16 g carbs, 1 g fiber. 5 points.
For the sandwich, increase points by 3.
Stuffed Red Bliss Potatoes (4 servings, 3 points each)
Ingredients:
8 small red bliss potatoes, about 2" diameter
3 Tbsp light mayo
4 Tbsp EVOO
6 cloves of garlic
2 Tbsp fresh thyme (I used dried, but only about 1 tsp)
4 Tbsp grated parm or asiago cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Paprika
In medium pot, cover potatoes in water and add 1 tsp of salt. Bring to a boil on medium-high-ish heat and cook until soft (about 12 minutes). Drain and run under cool water. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. While the potatoes cook, in a small pan, add oil and garlic and cook on very low heat, about 12 minutes till soft. Remove garlic and discard oil. Mash garlic.
In a medium bowl, combine garlic, thyme, cheese, mayo, salt and pepper.
Using a teaspoon, scoop out potato leaving a 1/4 inch shell (doesn't always work out well). Add the potato to the mixture and mash with a potato masher. Fill the potato shells with the mixture. Bake for 20 minutes. (I put them into muffin pans so I knew they would stay standing).
And voila!
Music Monday- (new) Bat For Lashes
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment