Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Goat Cheese and Spinach Chicken

I receive updates from a cooking blog called Smitten Kitchen.  I love seeing her recipes, but to be honest they are very time consuming and include too many ingredients.  The other day I noticed she had a link to another cooking blog called Leftovers for Lunch.  From what I can tell, this girl is making my kind of recipes.  They are easy and good!
I've tried two recipes from this website so far.  The chicken is the first one and you can find it here
For St Patrick's Day I made Irish Car Bomb cupcakes for Kegs and Eggs.  You can find that recipe here.  Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures of my amazing cupcakes.  :(  Those took FOREVER to make!
So here is the recipe for the chicken.  Her chicken looks a lot better than mine, but boy was mine pure deliciousness!  Her recipe calls for bleu cheese, but I used goat cheese.  It's just a matter of preference.

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts
salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup chopped spinach (she used frozen, I used fresh)
2 oz Goat Cheese

Pound out the chicken breast with a mallet (this makes it so the chicken cooks faster and doesn't end up burning on the outside).
Salt and pepper the chicken breasts.
Over medium heat, saute until cooked through, about 7-9 minutes each side, probably less if you pound them out.
Remove chicken from pan and keep warm (I put them in the microwave on a plate).
In the same pan, heat oil.  Saute onion until translucent (mine always ended up a little on the browner side), about 5 minutes.  Stir in garlic and saute one minute or until fragrant.  Add spinach and heat through.
Remove from heat, stir in goat cheese.
Top chicken with spinach mixture and serve immediately.

No comments: