There was once a time in my life when I would burn everything I cooked. It didn't matter if it was pop tarts, toast or the hamburgers I was in charge of making for Sunday dinner. (Yes, that is the hockey puck reference). I was so used to eating burnt food that I didn't think anything was good unless it was burned. Gross I know. I then figured out there were certain things I could make that I knew I wouldn't burn. Ramen, mac & cheese, spaghetti with pesto and surprisingly the recipe on the back of the Campbell's cream of chicken can. Hence, this was what I ate all through college. Once in a while I would make scones or cinnamon rolls. Obviously my metabolism was way more active back then.
Then a Mr. James Lewis came along and he was not pleased with my selection of meals I could cook. So I started my journey into the world of cooking. I started with easy stuff like enchiladas and more of those recipes from the back of Campbell's cans.
Fast forward a couple years down the road and I am now more adventurous with my cooking since James will pretty much eat anything I put in front of him. I'm trying to stick to the more healthy recipes (Weight Watchers mostly) since my hypothyroidism is already slowing down my metabolism to what seems like a stand still.
So what does this little story have to do with anything? I'm going to start blogging more about the meals that I make. I love getting new recipes from other people since you can make your favorites only so many times. Honestly though, if it wasn't for James I'd still be eating mac & cheese and Ramen everyday. :)
Hopefully those out there reading this will at least get some good recipes from me.
Music Monday- (new) Bat For Lashes
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment