Yes, finally I'm graduating in December 2009. I officially applied to graduate yesterday. You'd think that everyone would be excited for me to graduate and most of them are. Except for my Grandma Pat. Here is the conversation we had yesterday:
Brooke: Hi Grandma
Grandma: Hi, what's going on?
Brooke: I applied to graduate today.
Grandma: Well it's about time.
Brooke: Yes, I guess so.
Grandma: You shouldn't have taken those classes twice.
Brooke: I didn't take any classes twice.
Grandma: Well what took you so long then?
Brooke: I got an associates degree first.
Grandma: So why did you need all of those classes, are you sure you didn't take any twice?
Brooke: Yes, I'm positive. I needed different classes cause I will be getting two different degrees.
Grandma: Well, I guess. It's about time.
Brooke: I'm going to apply for graduate school in January.
Grandma: Oh, no you're not.
Brooke: Why not?
Grandma: I'm not paying for that.
Brooke: Why not?
Grandma: Because you don't need to go to graduate school.
Brooke: Yes I do, I want an MBA.
Grandma: Why would you need one of those?
Brooke: So I can get a better job and get paid more.
Grandma: I thought you said you like your job.
Brooke: I do, but I don't want to be an accounting assistant all my life.
Grandma: Well some of us don't get what we want. You should tell your work to pay you more now so you can pay for your own school.
Brooke: I don't think it works that way.
Grandma: Well it should.
This is where I ended the conversation about school.

2 comments:
You are lucky you got all this school paid so far. If you don't get the rest of it paid for, welcome to how the rest of us pay for school ha ha ;) Congrats on graduating!! That is awesome!
Well at least ya got the first 7 years of college from her! Really, good work! I'm so proud
Post a Comment