That's right, Utah kicked Michigan's ass. Well it was an ass kicking until the 4th quarter when we were up by 15 and then they came back with 13 points. But, whew, we still won by 2 points. And that even covered the spread so I win $25. Nice.
The weekend started off pretty good when I left work at noon on Friday. I noticed how dirty my car was so I stopped and washed and vacuumed it, even though I was going to be driving and bugs would get all over it. So I'm anal. I left my house about 2pm and got to the Canadia boarder at 2:30 where I proceeded to wait for 30 minutes while all the stupid Canucks in front of me had to go through. It took me until 6:30 to get to the Michigan boarder, where I again waited at the frickin boarder for 45 minutes. Fabuloso. I met my dad, Greg, Alex and Abby out for pizza since I was so late getting there.
Saturday morning we got up and left for Ann Arbor about 12:30, which is an hour away. We got there and it was complete chaos. All of downtown Ann Arbor, which is where the stadium is, is all houses full of college kids. The lawns and streets were packed with people. It was crazy. We went to Greg's nephew's house and got some pretty evil looks from all the students. We walked to the stadium about 2:30 and it took us an hour to get to our seats. The Big House is really intimidating. It holds 108,500 people. But they all sit on benches, which sucks. They were kind enough to provide the Crimson Club with seats in rows 90-97. Jerks. Some how some annoying, fat, ugly girls got seats right in the middle of the Utah fans. They were pretty annoying even though they were losing most of the game. But in the end they finally shut up. It was an awesome game. If you don't know the score it was Utah 25 Michigan 23. I did not get to rush the field, the security was right there to go to the lower seats. Gay! Then on the way back to the car there was a Michigan heckler that kept yelling at all the Utah fans. It was stuff like F Utah, F the mormons, F Warren Jeffs, F Karl Malone. Although he did a pretty good Karl Malone impression, I was still getting angry. We were standing on the corner waiting for Greg and we had to walk past this ugly red head to get to the car. So when we walked by he said something about Warren Jeffs, blah blah, and my dad yells that he's from Arizona. Well I felt the need to follow it up with "Warren Jeffs isn't even a mormon, dumb ass. Nor is he from Utah". Daddy did not like that and I believe his exact words were "Shut the hell up, don't say anything". Ha ha, he knows I can't keep my mouth shut. That was the only mean heckler. The rest we just joked around with. I may have told one kid to keep his eyes on his own shirt cause he kept looking at mine.
Sunday we just hung out and had a BBQ with Alex's parents. They were funny. Big Al and Prissy. Ha ha. Monday I drove back to Buffalo through Canadia again. There was no wait for the bridge going into Canadia but when I got to the Peace Bridge in Buffalo there was a 45 minute wait which turned into an hour and a half wait. I was a pretty big bitch to the boarder patrol and he let me go with two questions. I hate that they have to ask you questions like, where are you going, where have you been, are you going to make stops in Canadia, blah blah blah. I always tell them I'm going to stop to use the facilities but they never think it's funny. The drive through Canadia is mostly very boring. I don't like doing it but I wasn't going to pay $500 to fly an hour and a half to Detroit. Here are some pictures of my fabtabulous weekend!
I got stopped right at the International Boarder on the Sarnia Bridge into Michigan. PS the bridge sways as cars go across. I thought the bridge was going to collapse and I about shit my pants.
My Dad and Greg at Tim's house.
Me and Pappy. He's really excited.
Ann Arbor craziness
Walking into the stadium
Brooke and Dad
The Crimson Club
Swoop!
These boys came up from the lower bowl to "lead us in a cheer". ha ha.
Scoreboard bitches.
I tried to get down there, damn those security personnel.
Brooke and Dad after the game
I got stopped at the International Boarder again on a different bridge!
















1 comment:
You guys were pretty daring to go to that game as Utah fans! I can't believe how uneducated most people are about Utah, the mormons and Warren Jeffs. Wait, actually I can! All I can say is WOW! and that looked like a lot of fun! :)
Post a Comment