Monday, February 15, 2010

Sadness

So I'd like to be posting that we had an awesome time on our cruise... But we didn't. We never even got to leave Buffalo. Our flight was canceled Saturday morning by Delta, who in my mind probably has the worst customer service ever. I'd like to say that I let out my frustrations to them, but I couldn't. They turned us (30 people) away from the airport and told us to find alternate transportation down to Puerto Rico to catch our cruise ship by Sunday at 5pm. They were very aware that we were with a large group that included a bride and groom who were to be married on Monday on St Thomas. I still can't believe that they were so incredibly inconsiderate. Talk about a lack of customer service. Then as we go home and try to figure things out, we call the Delta 1-800 hotline and were met with "Due to the sever weather happening, we cannot help you at this time". Click. Not even a chance to speak with a human being to help you. After calling my wonderful Uncle Mark who works for Jet Blue, and the travel agent who booked our trip, we came to the conclusion that, unless we were willing to pay about $700 a person for a one way ticket to San Juan and drive to either Chicago or Philly, AND possibly not even make it to the cruise ship if we were delayed even a little bit, this cruise just wasn't in our cards. Luckily the bride, groom and the groom's mom found a Delta flight, but had to drive to Baltimore to catch it. They ended up making the ship a few hours before it departed. We don't know about the family members who drove to Chicago and Philly, we are hoping they made it. We have travel insurance, which would have covered part of the new plane ticket (but none of the agents could tell me how much), but now will hopefully cover the full cost of our trip. I can only remember a few times in my life that I have had such a hard time making a decision, which in this case was to just give up. I have felt sick to my stomach that we weren't able to see our good friends Kelly and Paul get married. We have looked forward to this since last February when we sent of the RSVP marked "F Yes we want to go". After being so excited for so long, and to have such a let down, makes me sick/sad/depressed. I can't believe there are businesses out there with these kinds of practices. I have sent an e-mail to Delta, in which I referred to their company as "horrid", and was upset that "I still have reservations on your airline in April and will once again have to endure the torture that is your customer service". I won't get anywhere with this e-mail, and even if they decided to answer the phone and I were to actually speak to a human being, it wouldn't matter because they don't care, which completely sucks. So for the next week, if you see me, I will not be happy and will not want to talk to ANYONE, unless you are the CEO of Delta.

3 comments:

Hone Family as in Ryan and Ashley said...

I'm still super pissed off for you. I would be beyond frustrated. I'm so sorry you had to deal with this. I hate Delta. I will never use them after this.

Ruthie said...

So sorry you weren't able to make it to the wedding. That totally sucks. I know you have been looking forward to this for a long time. I wish Mark could have found a flight for you. Good have to happen now to make up for it.

Love ya!
Aunt Ruthie

cowbell kelly said...

Delta Stinks. Through poo at them.