skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Corrective Lenses Required
I've had my glasses now for about 3 years. At first I was wearing them because I couldn't see the board at school, then it was to drive. Now I need them if I don't want objects 5 feet in front of me all blurry. I recently received my drivers license renewal form in the mail, and noticed a little box indicating I needed to pass an eye exam. Fuh. I knew I wouldn't pass. I contemplated making a Dr's appointment so the eye Dr could pass me, but with my lovely high deductible plan I would have had to pay the full $90 for the visit. I decided to take my chances with the DMV. I failed. Horribly. After I missed 4 out of 12, I asked the woman if I could do it with my glasses on. That's right, I tried to pass it without my glasses. She thought I was hilarious that I tried, and failed, with out my glasses. Finally the next day I called to make an appointment with the eye Dr to get fitted for contacts. I've been fighting this day because 1) it means I'm getting old 2) the cost and 3) I'm so going to forget to put them in everyday! I have my second appointment tomorrow and then they let me take home a pair for a week and test them out. If I do well they will order me a supply. And the dr was nice enough to send a little form telling the DMV to F off and take off that little checked box that says "Corrective Lenses Required"!
It's soooo depressing!! I'm getting old!
3 comments:
You are not old!!! I'm old....I just had my 28th. Sad.
This Song is called "Kelly's Old"
The other day I told a 20 year old that country music is a lot more pop than it used to be. His reply was, "Yay, Taylor Swift is revolutionizing country music." I started to laugh cause I was thinking of Faith Hill during the late 90's and such. That makes me old apparently......Taylor Swift shouldn't actually be considered a country artist and I don't even like country that much. End of Song.
I've been wearing contacts for 14 freakin' years! Try the Bausch and Lomb PureVision night and day. You wear one pair for 30 days straight. You never take them out! Sleep in them and everything. I don't even notice them. Love them! Second, get your prescription from your eye doctor and order your contacts online at 1-800 contacts. It will save you SO much money!
I second what Jessica said i wear those contacts also and love them i take them out once in a while, but other than that i wear them for the 30 days or longer (oops) don't go longer than 30 days it makes your eyes tired and my doctor gets mad at me! Anyway you can get a years supply for and sometimes they have like a 50 dollar rebate. P.s. you aren't old.
Post a Comment