Tank's good friend Milo the cat gave him some toy mice for Christmas. (Tank plays with Milo's cat toys every time we go over there) It wasn't even 5 minutes after I had opened them for him that he ATE one of the mice toys. That's right, he swallowed it whole. These aren't just small mice, they are good sized. Big enough that cats and small dogs shouldn't be able to swallow them. But since Tank seems to eat everything in site, he figured, why not? As you recall, the little bonehead ate asphalt as a puppy and after an emergency vet visit, 2 x-rays, and $400 later, he was fine. I was pretty much a psycho after he ate it, I was freaking out. I called the vet ER and they told me to give him some Vaseline, which would "help it slide out". Disgusting, but at 1:30am I went to Rite Aid and bought Vaseline. That got me quite a few weird looks. James had to take the day off work on Monday and take him to the vet since he had not passed it. It's Wednesday and it still hadn't came out. But I spoke with the vet this morning and she informed me that stomach acid can break down plastic, so it probably won't come out whole. I guess I learn something new everyday, because I thought it would still come out in the shape of a mouse. Silly me. I've informed Tank that until he passes this mouse toy, Christmas is canceled for him and I have returned his gifts. But I think he knows these are empty threats and still has the mouse inside of him.
This is an old picture, but this is the same kind of mouse toy that he swallowed.
No comments:
Post a Comment