Our downstairs toilet has always been a pain and in need of some serious repair. When we moved in it wasn't even turned on so I doubt the old bag who lived there before us was using it. This is because it barely flushes anything without clogging and afterwards you have to stand and wait for the tank to fill so you can turn off the pump or else it will run. Well one day a couple weeks ago I used the bathroom (just #1) and the water wouldn't go down. So I left because I obviously knew James had clogged it and he needed to fix it himself. The next day he decides that instead of plunging it, he'll just keep flushing it until it over flows. And that's just what it did. There was an inch of water in the bathroom and it was leaking into the basement. The only thing I could think to do was turn the water off at the bottom of the toilet. I told James he needed to have a plumber come while he was on vacation the next week. He had 7 full days of vacation, he did not go anywhere or do anything, but still managed to not call a plumber. This is pretty sick, but when I got home from Utah the bathroom had begun to stink. I was fed up with this so I made an appointment with Roto Rooter for later in the week. I guess this was James's breaking point because he decided he wanted a new toilet and was going to do it himself. I was very nervous for this but he insisted he could do it. After about 4 hours and 3 trips to Home Depot it was complete. It flushes, doesn't clog, and hasn't leaked, yet. But until the garbage gets picked up on Tuesday, we are officially white trash.

3 comments:
I just looked up the definition of white trash in the dictionary and it says you must have a toilet on your front lawn, so congratulations, you are officially white trash! What an accomplishment Brooke! p.s. I'm so sad I missed you while you were in Utah. For sure when you come for Christmas we will have to get together. And as for Tank doing his thing in the house again, this happened to me with Bella. Just be patient with him, but really, it is like starting all over again only worse this time around. We finally have Bella going on her pads again or outside. Good luck.
WTF!? When were you in Utah and why didn't you tell me about it? Do you hate me now? Are we not jugg friends anymore!!!!!????
Dude...if you are going to really be white trash then it's time to turn that old toilet into a planter!
Post a Comment