Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Transitions

Tomorrow at work I start Transitions. It's a 12 week weight loss program through my firm's benefit coordinator. It's been described as Weight Watchers with supplements. I am supposed to keep track of what I eat while of course following certain rules for what I can eat. I also will be taking supplements for the 12 week program. Of course exercise will be part of the program. After the 12 weeks I am supposed to be able to have "transitioned" into healthy eating and living and be able to keep off the weight I've lost. I'm very nervous for the first week of the program because I was informed today that the first week is a "detox" week. This detox is a diet of fruits and veggies only. No salt, butter, oil, sugar, etc. I'm allowed herbs and spices to put on my fruits and veggies. But I can only cook them by steaming them. No baking, no microwave. Or eat them raw, which will not be happening. The true test will be Sunday, which of course is Super Bowl Sunday. Besides Christmas and Thanksgiving, this is the third biggest eating holiday. Yes, I'm calling it a holiday.
So tomorrow is the start of the program. As of today I am 5'8" and 170lbs. My BMI is 25.8. I have no idea what my measurements are. We get to figure that out tomorrow (not awkward at all). My goal is at least 150lbs by the end of the 12 weeks.
Wish me luck with my fruits and veggies!

5 comments:

Hone Family as in Ryan and Ashley said...

You can totally do it Brooke! Good luck!

Brooke said...

I'm going to die. I'm not going to make it.

Hone Family as in Ryan and Ashley said...

Change your attitude! Of course you can do it! Although 12 weeks is a really long time and you are going on vacation. Yeah, good luck.

Ann said...

Good freakin' luck. I have been trying to better about this stuff for years, but it took me needing to see a chiropractor on a regular basis to actually convince myself to get in shape.

Good for you!!!

Unknown said...

Good Luck, you can do it!!! I would like to lose 30 myself. When I feel motivated and stable enough, I will start a diet. ha ha You will love it when you see those lbs rolling off. Watch the Biggest Loser, that always makes me wanna lose weight. :)