Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I know I'm crazy

I've come to the conclusion that I'm crazy. Not crazy as in "I'm going to shank you with a sharp object crazy", but more the "I'm making up reasons to make myself crazy crazy". I haven't always been this way. These innocent thoughts were developed over time into crazy nightmare thoughts. There were some incidents that caused me to start thinking differently. (I won't go into those details) The following are just some of the reasons are why I'm crazy:
1. When I go to sleep at night I think that my house is going to burn down. So I have to sleep on the side of the bed next to the window in case I need to escape. I also have to have the door shut so the smoke doesn't come in and asphyxiate me. (Probably my most crazy thought.)
2. I think I smell smoke. All the time. Which means I always think something is on fire. I'll even wake up in the middle of the night thinking I smell smoke and have to calm myself down. (I have something about fire)
3. When I get a sore throat, I think I'm choking to death because I already have an enlarged thyroid.
4. Sometimes I think James has died somewhere. If he doesn't pick up or text back, for some reason I think he's dead. One time I even looked online where his class was supposed to be at UB and went there and looked for him because he was 40 minutes late coming home. I called my BFF Kristin while doing it telling her I was crazy but I kept going. He had forgot his phone and went to the store to buy milk and bread.
5. When I fly on a plane I think it will crash. Everytime. I will be sick to my stomach the whole day we are flying.
6. I carry hand sanitizer in my purse and use it after touching things in public places. I remind myself of Bob from What About Bob.
7. When my furnace goes on, I think it's going to blow up from a gas leak.
8. I don't allow James to have his grill near the house, it has to be on the opposite side of the deck. This is because I think it's going to start the house on fire.
9. I have to have the radio or tv on at all times while at home. I can't be in silence.
10. When I know I have to undo the alarm at work, I start shaking and get sick to my stomach. I've yet to have the cops come because I don't punch the code in time, but it still scares the be-jeezus out of me.

I know I've inherited this craziness from my aunts, they admit their crazy too. They give James an insight into our future. He should beware!

5 comments:

Ann said...

Oh dear, you are a little nuts-o. But I feel your nuts-o pain. I mean, really, I am crazy.

Ashley said...

Have you thought of getting a fire extinguisher to stash under your bed Brooke? And everywhere else in your house you Pyrophobic!

Bless your heart I think it's a woman thing. We all have those crazy kind of thoughts.

brian&jenn said...

HOLY SHIT!!! i dunno what else to say.... no matter though I still like ya!

Jaime Williams said...

Umm... I'm home by myself right now and the TV is on in the other room so that there is "noise" in the house... Also I have to check behind that shower curtain every time I get home, how is that for craziness?

Ruthie said...

Aren't we all a little crazy. If not, we would be very boring. I worry about stuff that doesn't or shouldn't matter all of the time. Mark and my kids think I'm crazy. So there ya go. You have lots of company.

Love ya!
Aunt Ruthann