skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Christmas Utah Style
This year I went back to Utah for Christmas. I left on the Sunday before Christmas and came back the Sunday after Christmas. I had some trouble at the airport (I always do, it's like I'm cursed). It was a blizzard Sunday morning in Buffalo and a few flights were cancelled before mine, but they said we were still going to leave. I was supposed to have a 2 1/2 hour layover in Chicago but it ended up to be no layover, me running to my gate, and the pilot holding the plane for me and about 9 other people. I got into Utah about a half hour late, which it is amazing that I even got there the same day. But my bags did not make the flight with me. They were stuck in Chitown. This happens to me all the time so I've been smart enough to pack in my carry on some undies, my face wash, make-up, my hair essentials and my pills. The bags came on the next flight which came in at midnight so Jaime had to drive me to the airport the next morning to pick them up. During the week I was lucky enough to have lunch with Ash because she was in SLC that day and Leslie and Tya came along. We had Cafe Rio which is probably one of the greatest places ever. I also had lunch with my boys Blake, Brian and Eric. It was fun and Good Wood was awesome food. Eric was kind enough to help me finish my sandwich and fries. For those of you that don't know, Blake, Brian and Eric were some of my BFF's from Payson Hike Skool and I love them. Plus Andrew (I don't know where you were that day Andrew!) I also got to hang with the fam at the Foulger Family Xmas party. I got to celebrate my Uncle Kim's birthday at the Macaroni Grill with everyone on the Vincent side. Christmas was good. I got a C Note (always nice), a gift card to the Depot for a new oven, a gift card to my favorite store Banana Republic, a blank scrapbook, a "Mini Van Fun" t-shirt (which Hank chewed on), cutting boards, sweaters, some earings, football socks, and shampoo and conditioner (from Jaime of course). On Christmas I made the rounds to everyone's house and when Jaime and Pete got back we played the original Dr Mario on something called the Yobo. I became obsessed with it because Jaime kicked my ass every time and I didn't want her to keep beating me. So every chance we got the rest of the week we played Dr Mario. Friday I went down to pick Jaime up from work but she was not ready so I went to Nordstroms, Gap and Banana and spent my C Note and gift card. Later that night I went to the Jazz game with my dad where I got to watch Dirk get tossed and the Jazz got it done Jerry Sloan style (as my friend Jimmy C would say). Saturday morning I went to breakfast with my dad and some of the guys that play basketball with him Saturday mornings. This also included my uncle, his kids Charlie and Luci, and Jaime and Pete. Luci liked to eat jam from the packets with a knife for her breakfast. Saturday afternoon I went to Linner with my dad, some of his friends, and Jaime and Pete to Iggy's. We went back to the house to play Dr Mario but Pete got called into work and Jaime continued to beat me the rest of the night. Sunday was a good flight, no delays and I made it back to the B-Lo by 10pm. I was also disappointed that I did not get to do any snowboarding because I have a sinus infection and my Dr said it wouldn't be good. Booooo. When I got back to the B-Lo, James and I exchanged gifts. I said we would do it when I got back since he needed some more time. I gave him Mario Party for the Wii, some Wii controller attachments, a seafood cooking pot, a car organizer and a Utah shirt. He gave me a knife set, some shelving for my craft area (he says I need to stop being so messy). And from his mom and dad I got a new toaster, and from his brother and sister-in-law I got some more cutting boards, a scarf and some circumcised gloves. You can't have too many circumcised gloves.


2 comments:
Sounds like you had a great time in Utah! Hope you had a Merry Christmas!
You didn't see everyone, you missed us!!! But I will forgive you!
Post a Comment