Saturday, April 26, 2008

Disgusting

Today I had my wonderful day at the spa where I got my seaweed body wrap, a facial, a manicure and a pedicure. I was sitting in the chair getting my pedicure when this older lady came in for a pedicure. Excuria is a pretty nice, classy salon. It's not just a random place in the mall where you can get a quick pedicure. This woman proceeds to take her shoes off and place her feet in the tub to soak. When the girl asks her to take her feet out I look over (because I stare at everyone) and happen to see that her toe nails are disgustingly long. They were so gross and long that I almost vomited into my mouth. I shit you not, they were grown out a half an inch from her toes, maybe more than that. I could not believe how long they were. I don't know how she wears shoes. So the girl doing the pedicure tries to make conversation and says "oh, are these supposed to be long or do you want me to trim them?" The older woman says "just a little trim, I like them to be long". WHAT? YOU PURPOSELY HAVE THEM THAT LONG?! UGH. Vomit in the mouth again. Then the girl tries to trim a little with the clippers and gives up and starts to file. The lady says "oh you aren't going to trim more than that?" and the girl says "no, they are too THICK to trim." By this time I am trying to choke down my glass of water so that I don't one, scream at how disgusting her toe nails are and two, vomit everywhere. The only thing I could possibly relate this to is the scene from Dumb and Dumber when Lloyd and Harry are "getting ready for the ball" and they are trying to trim Lloyd's super long toe nails. Yeah, I think this lady's nails were worse than that. I hope this woman gave a big tip.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! Sometimes I feel bad because my feet are calloused or my toe nails are a little, let me emphasize a little long. Now I realize my feet must look heavenly compared to people like that!!! EEWW I am proud of you for not saying anything to that sick ass old lady!

Rob Sara and Cole said...

Speaking of things I don't like about work....yuck!

BTW you never called me to tell me what Sandy said to you?? Am I in trouble! :-)