My new favorite thing is going to OTB (Off Track Betting) for the three major horse races and betting on them. I have a system where I look through the schedule of horses and bet on them according to their names. I usually just do a $2 to Win, but when there are two names that jump out at me I do a $2 Win, Place, Show. Win, Place, Show means the horses can come in 1st, 2nd or 3rd, in any order. You don't win as much and the bet technically costs $4, but once in a while it pays off.
I'm usually there with a bunch of guys and end up being the big winner of the day. For the Kentucky Derby I was the big winner with $5.50 (pathetic boys), for the Preakness I was the big winner with $9.40. But for the Belmont I was really the big winner with $48.50! My winnings came solely from the big Belmont race. I bet the favorite horse, Shackleford, and then a horse named Runnin' On Ice, specifically because he was the horse wearing pink . :) The boys were not happy with me and I might have to reserve my own table next year.
But it might be a good thing since the woman at the betting window knows me and tells me "Go get 'em girl" every time I come up to place a bet.
Music Monday- (new) Bat For Lashes
13 years ago


1 comment:
I won $257.50 on the belmont stakes this year. Hoorah!
Go get 'em girl!
Post a Comment