I believe our deck is older than I am. Our house was built in 1982 and I was born in 1983. So that confirms it, it's old. When you get older, you start to rot, develop wrinkles and fade away. That's exactly what our deck has become. I'm sure everyone has already figured out that James is the opposite of handy so our deck has just sat and rotted away ever since we moved in. That was until his brother came to town to visit for a weekend and decided to force James to fix the deck by taking a hammer to the rotting wood. What a fantastic idea! Why didn't I think of this? Any time I need something fixed I'll just take a hammer to it... But that probably won't work for me. James was not happy about doing manual labor because he doesn't like to get his pretty hands dirty. So needless to say, he was a big fat whiner the whole time they were working. And I thought it was hysterical. Now when it gets a bit cooler and a lot less humid, we will be sanding down the old pieces and finishing the whole thing.
Eron starting to rip up the deck
He's especially not happy that I'm taking pictures...
Our supervisor
Broken hammer
So happy after I went and got some gloves
Working hard
Poor baby got a blister
Our neighbor was painting her deck and Tank decided to run up on it to see if his BFF Griffin could come out to play... Notice the white paws.










No comments:
Post a Comment