James and I are finally engaged!!
I know, it's hard to believe. So here's the story:
We were in Las Vegas for a vacation with our 4 other friends. We all went down to the pool at the MGM for a little sun time. While down there, Kristin and I found some abandoned tubes to use in the lazy river. Since there were only two, we said we would share them with James and Jimmy when we were done. After once around the river, we went back and gave the tubes to the boys. James kept saying how he didn't want to go in and Jimmy kept trying to convince him to go in. Then I started in with the "Party pooper, party pooper" and poked him in the chest a few times. After about three minutes of this, he pulls a box from his pocket and opens it. In it is a huge, shiny ring. He says "This is why I can't go into the pool! Do you want to get married?". I responded with "Is that thing real?". It was all very confusing and fast. Once he "popped the question", Kristin started screaming behind me, Corinne was asking if someone got stung by a bee and Danielle was stuttering saying I don't think so. James kept asking "Do you want this or not?" and I kept asking "Is it real?". So finally he said "I'm going to give this to someone else if you don't say yes". I finally agreed to say yes, he put the ring on my finger, which of course didn't fit my man hands. He then went and swam in the lazy river with Jimmy.
I had to wear the ring on my pinky for the rest of the trip because it didn't fit on my massive, beast like fingers. On the Tuesday when we returned from Vegas I went to get it sized at the jewelers. While at the jewelers, the woman helping me commented on how large my fingers actually were. We had a debate for a good ten minutes on what size my ring should be and if my hands were going to grow to mammoth sizes. Not an awkward conversation at all....
So that's the story. It's one to remember for ages. As of right now our plans are to get married in Las Vegas in the Fall of 2011. So watch the mail for your save the date cards!








5 comments:
Congrats to both of you! Your ring is BEAUTIFUL. If it makes you feel any better I have sausage fingers too : ) When Brian gave me my ring it barley fit the custom "big" size.
well congrats! that is great news! and such a fantastic story. my hands are giant too!
Yeah! Way to go James! I'm so, SO excited for you guys! And you better believe I'll be at your wedding. I wouldn't miss it for the world. I'll find somewhere to hide the 2 little monsters so I can be there to celebrate this long-awaited day!
I wish that we would have known... We would have stuck around a little longer...
Congrats! So excited for you!
Post a Comment