Thursday, September 17, 2009

The men folk at the Sev

A couple days a week I venture into the 7-Eleven down the block from me for some very tasty coffee. They have some of the best coffee, even better than Dunkin Donuts and that nasty crack filled water at Tim Hortons. I think I like it more since I make the coffee the way I want, which consists of obscene amounts of creamer. I only go there maybe two times a week now since we are trying this so called "budget" thing now that James has a new, less-paying job. With out fail every time I go into the 7-Eleven I am bombarded by the men folk patrons. I've been hit on, I've been told I look good today several hundred times, I've had my coffee bought for me, I've even had my lottery tickets bought for me. When this happens, I have no idea what to do or say so I just end up giggling. Although, I think the giggling encourages these gentlemen to continue using their pickup lines, I cannot stop myself. So I've decided to embrace it and when I need to feel pretty or I'm out of cash for my coffee I will go to the Sev the men folk there will take care of me.
* Today I was told "You are lookin' fine today" by a gentleman who was wearing a dew rag on his head along with a flannel shirt.

3 comments:

Hone Family as in Ryan and Ashley said...

Go Brooke! I think every woman needs a place like your Sev to go to for an uplifting experience. A little creepy, but complimentary nonetheless. Keep taking advantage of it. It's not everyday you can get a guy to pay for your stuff.

cowbell kelly said...

So hot! Dew rags are my fave.

MikeE said...

Did he offer you his secret white powder after? I hear it is the same stuff Tim Horton puts in his coffee.