Sunday, March 2, 2008

I have skills

So the other day I decided we needed a new desk. Ours was just too small and it was cramped into a corner in the kitchen. We have such a big second bedroom that we needed to fill the area with something so we put the new desk in there. Building the desk was quite the process. I knew it was going to be a difficult journey when the delivery man could barely lift it in the house. Well, he was older than father time and probably shouldn't be lifting anything over 2 pounds, but he got it in the house. Since I'm fairly impatient and James said he wasn't going to be able to work on the desk until Tuesday, I thought I would tackle the desk myself. Boy, was that a mistake. It took me 6 hours to put together. That included opening the box and carrying each individual piece from the living room, up the stairs, and into the bedroom. I may have also been distracted because I had "Friends" DVDs on in the background. I am so proud of myself that I had to share with everyone my accomplishment.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Way to go, Brooko. The desk looks nice.

Unknown said...

Good job!!! I could barely put together our easy bookshelves from Ikea. Bravo!